Saturday, February 18, 2012

Implementing WebSocket Part 3

I successfully implemented a WebSocket echo server which receives data from a client and sends it back to it. As you can see here, the data is interpreted correctly by the client. Now I need to implement close frames and other error handling, clean up the code, and then it is ready for integration into the main server.


Theoretically I would also need to implement the Ping and Pong opcodes and fragmentation as well to be fully RFC 6455-compilant, but I couldn't get Firefox to send these packets. I could test it against an own implementation, but then I would have no way to verify that my implementation on the client is correct. When my client would work incorrectly, my server would reproduce the bug, and it wouldn't work with any other implementation. I need to test my implementation against a professional 3rd party client.

No comments:

Post a Comment