Sunday, April 15, 2012

Reading maps from Tiled successful

I successfully loaded  a JSON map created with Tiled on the server, passed it to the client, and displayed it there. I also changed the way my randomly generated maps are represented in JSON to match the Tiled format.



What's still missing is the conversion from the numbers Tiled assigns to each tile type to the numbers the client uses to assign images. I had to edit the map file manually to get them to match. Creating the walk map doesn't work either for some reason, but I need to change that anyway, because I want the blocking property to be a property of each tile.

Features of Tiled I still need to implement:
  • Tilesets (will take care of the id mapping problem)
  • Tile properties (for calculating the walkability)
  • Objects for warp areas and spawn areas (and later script triggers)
  • Multiple layers (not yet required, but nice to have in the future)

No comments:

Post a Comment