Friday, November 22, 2013

Experimenting with JSP

Today I experimented a bit with Tomcat, Servlets and Java Server Pages. I made a char-viewer which gets a character from my MongoDB and exports some of its data as a website.

I really like the technology. I wonder if I should use it for some web-based components. But on the other hand, I would prefer to avoid mixing too many technologies. So I would prefer all of my non-game web applications to run in the same server application. I would, for example, like to have a forum and I don't want to program it myself. But while I was able to find plenty of free forum software in PHP, I couldn't find anything properly mature in JSP.

Seems like I need to brush up my PHP skills soon. I don't like it very much, but there is hardly a way around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment